Making merit by offering food to monks by the beach is another activity for people who like to make merit. Or want to receive good things in the morning? Beach almsgiving activities It is another activity that Akira Lipe Resort recommends; just inform the front of the resort that you want to offer food to monks the next morning. The resort will prepare a set of foods to offer to customers. The activity will start at 5:30 a.m.–6:00 a.m. in front of Akira Lipe Resort.
Morning almsgiving by the sea is another interesting activity for Buddhists. to welcome good things to start the day. Giving alms to monks is also a tradition that Buddhists regard as creating merit. And it is considered a gesture of merit and charity to relatives who have passed away. It is believed that food offerings will be sent to relatives as well. In addition to giving alms to monks in the morning, I also woke up to breathe fresh air in the morning, along with the view of the sunrise in front of the beach as well. It is the first light of a beautiful new day. If any of you have tried the morning almsgiving activity, you can guarantee that you will get both merit and enjoyment out of it.
Note: If you want to join the morning almsgiving activity, it is recommended that you inform the resort to prepare a set of foods for offering food to monks in the morning.
Almsgiving is an important tradition in Buddhism that has existed since ancient times. It shows respect and gratitude to the monks who devote their lives to charity and helping others. In many Buddhist countries, it is common to see monks walking the streets early in the morning to receive food from the community. However, in coastal areas, there is also a popular tradition of offering food to the beach.
Activities to make merit on the beach are as follows:
- Choose a location: The first step is to choose a suitable location on the beach where you can offer food. Look for a spot that’s quiet and easily accessible.
- Gather Food: Next, gather the food you want to offer. Food should be clean, fresh, and suitable for the consumption of monks. Traditionally, offerings of rice, vegetables, fruits, and other non-perishable items
- Invite Monks: Contact your local temple or monastery to see if there are monks who will accept your food offering. You can also ask them to recommend a suitable time and place for the pitch.
- Prepare offerings on offering day. Get up early to prepare food. It is customary to offer food in a clean and tidy manner, such as in a basket or on a tray. You may want to bring incense, candles, or flowers as an offering.
- Offering food to the monks: When the monks arrive, they must pay respect to the monks. You can pray or offer thanks as you do so. The monks will receive food and give blessings in return.
- Cleaning: after the offering Clean the area and discard leftover food politely. It is important to leave the beach clean and tidy. to show respect for the environment and the monks
Giving food to monks on the beach is a meaningful and spiritual activity. It is to connect with the Buddhist community and pay respects to the monks who have dedicated their lives to spiritual practices. By taking these simple steps, you will be able to make a positive contribution to your community and deepen your spiritual practice.